It’s been a while since I posted. Many things happened over the past 6 months that prevented me from having any real time to devote to this.However, I am hoping that 2019 starts to look up. After all, people always say something along the lines of “New Year, New Me, Fresh Start.”
Many people have started adopting a word of the year. I decided that this is something I want to do for myself this year. I decided to choose the word RESET. Why? Because I just feel like I need to reset and get back to the basics. I found myself at a point that I envision myself getting back to earlier in 2018 before life threw its curve ball. However, I put everything else before myself when it was needed. I feel like everything is at a good point to start taking care of me again.
With that being said, I do have some goals in mind that I’m going to share to hold me somewhat accountable.
- Exercise: I felt so much better after starting Zumba early last year. I haven’t joined up for any classes but I’d like to get back to it; whether it be following Youtube videos or what I remember. This was beneficial for many areas of my life. I felt so much better and had much more energy.
- Read More: I challenge myself to read at least 20 books this year. I love reading and have many books here feeling neglected. I am hoping to incorporate book reviews back into the revamp of the blog.
- Write More: I write online for Canadian Beats, an online Canadian Music site. I try to keep up with reviews but, again, that has been pushed to the side for much of the past few months. Not only am I hoping to be more involved in that again (I love music after all), but I am hoping to start blogging more. I really enjoy the creative outlet that it gives.
- Adventure More: So far I have one trip planned for this year. I’m heading to Toronto this Summer for the Backstreet Boy’s DNA tour. I cannot wait. I am sure there will be many more adventures to add to the list!
- Declutter: This is always my mission. I just hope to figure out something that keeps me organized and keeps down on the dust. Oh boy aren’t my allergies driving me crazy as I begin this task.
I’m sure there will be other small goals that I will incorporate throughout the year. Do you have any goals set for yourself? If so, I’d love to hear all about them!