Today I come to you with a new Wednesday’s Hodgepodge set of questions from over at From This Side of the Pond
1. Besides your very own house, describe a place where you feel most ‘at home’?
I’d have to say that I feel the most at home at my Mom’s home. Now that should really go without saying since I grew up there and spent a good portion of my life up to this point there. Other than that, It would definitely be at my Sister’s homes.
2. When did you last ‘hit a home run’ with something? Explain.
My last ‘home run’ would probably be with cooking and coming up with some random recipes in order to use the products we have in our home. Tonight’s meal consisted of moose quesdillas. They were absolutely wonderful. We just fried up some moose we have, added some mushrooms, a couple types of cheese and layered them and baked it in the oven.
Definitely a hit! I’d definitely make it again 🙂
3. Tell us about something you love in your house or kitchen that is ‘homemade’.
The quilts! I have quilts here that are much older then me that were made by my Mom and Grandmother. They are worst for the wear but I love them. They are just the coziest things.
4. ‘A man’s home is his castle’…which of the world’s ten most captivating castles (according to The Travel Channel) would you most like to visit and why-
Mont Saint-Michel (France), Edinburgh Castle (Scotland), Neuschwanstein Castle (Germany), Glamis Castle (Scotland), Windsor Castle (England), Chateu de Chambord (France), Hampton Court Palace (England), Prague Castle (Prague), St. Michael’s Mount (England), Leeds Castle (England), and Swallow’s Nest (Ukraine)
This is definitely an interesting question. I’d love to see any of these castles to be honest. I haven’t been to any of these places. Prague Castle (Prague) and Swallow’s Nest (Ukraine) seem very interesting because of their locations.
Visiting and exploring England is definitely on my bucket list so I would also love to see the castles in that area.
5. What’s a recent or upcoming plan or project that’s required you do a little homework before getting started? Did the homework cause you to abandon your plan or adjust it in some way?
Definitely our upcoming vacation to Las Vegas. I’ve started doing some research about places to stay and places to visit. I’ve definitely learned what to avoid! I do this before every trip. I like to make the most of vacations!
6. In your opinion, is homework an unnecessary evil or a valuable practice? Should schools be done with homework? Why or why not?
This is a hard question to answer as a Teacher. I feel that students would benefit greatly from doing homework as it gives them extra practice in order to master the concepts that were taught in class during the day. Without assigning homework, many students may not take the initiative of doing the extra work on their own. However, I do feel that they should not be given enough that they will feel overwhelmed.
7. Share a favorite memory of your childhood hometown.
This is definitely a hard question to answer. I have so many fond memories of my home, my hometown, and all the wonderful people that I knew there growing up. One of my favorite things around this time of year at home would be the bonfires that we’d have. And I also remember getting excited about the Christmas Parade and going to the Fire Hall and visit Santa!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I bet you can’t guess what’s on my mind?! Hahaha