A few blogs that I follow complete this Wednesday Hodgepodge. Basically, this is just a random set of questions each Wednesday created by Jo over at From This Side of the Pond (clink the picture below to check out her website!)
1. American Idol is back for it’s 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?
To be honest, I haven’t actually watched a full episode of American Idol since Chris Daughtry was on there. I kid you not. I haven seen it on TV in passing and may have watched it for a few minutes but I never really got into it to be honest.
First of all, I’d never be able to audition for American Idol because I’m Canadian (and Canadian Idol hasn’t been around for a few years). However, if I were forced to audition I think I’d have to choose either You Were Meant for Me by Jewel or Breakeven – The Script
2. Mark Twain is quoted as saying, “If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.”
So when did you last have to ‘eat a frog?‘ Or two? How’d that work out?
To be honest, I can’t remember. There’s always tasks that I don’t want to do but it never causes an issue really. Most of the only tasks that cause me great distressed often occur at a set time (something like a meeting or an interview that causes me great stress because I’m a nervous wreck during those, especially if I don’t know the people around me).
3. If you were going on safari, what’s the number one animal you’d want to see?
I think it is going to have to be a leopard because my boyfriend has been obsessed with leopard print items lately. It’s not so much that he loves the print or would wear it himself, however he does like pointing it out to be for badness haha.
4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let’s exhaust this topic in honor of the ‘holiday’, okay?
There’s a National Granola Bar Day??? Really?? I do like granola bars. I prefer ones that are not too crunchy but not too chewy (picky I know). I’m partial to any where cherry and dark chocolate…yum yum. I often use regular granola in yogurt. And fun fact, I’m eventually going to make my own granola bars (how’s that for National Granola Bar Day??)
5. If only__________________________________.
If only I could get a job… especially the one I just applied and was interviewed for. I’d love to be back teaching, I really would. But you know, sometimes life throws things your way and you just have to deal. I had to choose between a living my life in my home with the boyfriend or doing the long distance thing (which we did for three years). I think if I was living in another province it would be different but being the same province we decided that it was best for me to try here. Sooo…. job? Please?!
6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.
New paint! We’re sensible about renovations. I’ve disliked the color of my master bedroom every since we first viewed the house before we got it. However, we’ve put other things before changing the look of our home (even if the stupid paint is flat and we can see every mark). I’m happy with the other things we’ve focused on but this is something I’d love to have completed something this year!
7. What is one thing you’ve enjoyed about winter thus far? If it’s not winter in your corner of the globe, what season is it, and what is something you’ve enjoyed about whatever season it happens to be?
Winter’s cold! Thankfully we haven’t had any issues like last Winter when we had a crazy amount of snow and lost power for days on end. When the power did come back we ended up with roaming blackouts.
I’ve been enjoying the past two days with the temperatures a little above freezing and the sunshine. I’ve got to venture out and do some exploring!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m excited that I remember some Chemistry that I was taught 12 years ago! I spent the night helping my nephew with a course he’s doing at the university (same course I took, with a prof that I knew) and was able to figure most of it out. I have taught high school Chemistry in the past but only touched on the basics of what he is doing. However, he did tell me I made it much easier to understand!! Hopefully in the future I’ll be able to help others!
Hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday!