Many people begin the New Year with great plans. Many set forth to lose weight (which I feel is probably the number one resolution out there). Instead of resolutions, I’m going to do something similar and call them goals. These are things that I want to accomplish this year and I feel that by writing them down I’ll stay more focused and hold myself accountable for them.
So let’s continue on to the goals…
- Read more.
- I have always loved to read and I feel that in the past few years this was pushed to the side. I’ve challenged myself to read 50 books this year on Goodreads. Have you challenged yourself to something similar? Let’s be friends!
- Rebelious Blogs 50 Book Challenge <—- Check this out!
- Write more.
- Not only do I want to keep up on this blog (I’ve been considering getting a personalized address for this site), but I want to start writing again. I use to write stories, poems, lyrics, etc in the past but stopped. I’d love to get back into that again. As well, I’d love to start keeping a consistent paper journal again. Over the past few years I’ve wrote occasionally in one but never consistent. I have a pile of little memory tokens to add into one of the journals/scrapbooks I have. I’d like to get that done this year as well.
- Rekindle old friendships, strengthen new ones.
- I’d love to be able to see some of my friends that I haven’t seen in a while.
- Get healthy.
- I’m not setting a goal such as… “I’d like to lose this much weight in this amount of time”.. instead I’m just challenging myself to eat better and be active regularly. I think this would not only make me feel better but increase my quality of life. Any pounds or inches I my lose will just be a bonus. If anyone is tackling the same journal, let’s be friends. If you know any sites that are good to use to gain information on healthy eating/recipes, exercise techniques, etc…please let me know.
To each and every one of my readers, I hope this year is one of the best yet! I’m looking forward to all the things this year brings!